Saturday, February 28, 2009
Bernie Madoff Made Off with $50 billion of Other Peoples' Money. Similarly, the top 2% of America used to be Self-Made Men. Today, however, they are more like Made-Off Men. They have Made Off with trillions of dollars of Other Peoples' Money. Although the Top 2% own a vast portion of America's wealth, they can't seem to enjoy their riches unless they inflict huge economic hardship on most other Americans -- through low wages, poor education, inadequate health care, crumbling national infra-structure, etc. The Top 2% are now yelling and screaming at the thought that they may have to pay slightly higher taxes in order to correct some of these economic imbalances. They have flooded our airwaves with an army of screaming banshees to propagandize our citizens into supporting political policies which perpetuate the inordinate wealth of the Top 2% and keep everyone else behind the Eight Ball. Are the Top 2% the only ones who have created America's wealth? And, the other 98% had nothing to do with it? Is that a fact?