Rush Limbaugh has blamed "race hustlers" for wrecking his NFL team ownership bid, claiming he is a casualty of "Obama's America". Rush said that President Obama has created a climate which led NFL owners and the league to nix him as a part-owner of the St. Louis Rams. Rush stated that pressure from the Rev. Al Sharpton and other "race hustlers" was responsible for his being rejected as an NFL team owner.
Limbaugh was part of a group led by Dave Checketts (owner of the St. Louis Blues hockey team) that was bidding to acquire ownership of the St. Louis Rams. However, Checketts dropped Limbaugh as a partner, saying he had become "a complication and a distrraction" after black NFL players cited Limbaugh's racist remarks.
Gee, Rush, I wonder why that happened to you. I guess it's all the fault of professional "race hustlers" like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson -- and "Obama's America".
I'm sure it had nothing at all to do with any of the remarks you have made in your radio broadcasts over the years, such as:
1. ""I mean, why didn't these morons leave New Orleans before the hurricane? I'll tell you why: because they wanted to rape and loot! That's just the way some people are! And if they're black — if the rapists and looters are black — it's not George Bush's fault! We've had these problems ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. Once the whites leave town, all you've got is overwhelming lawlessness. That's not racism, Mr. Snerdley; it's a proven, demonstrable fact."
2. "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
3. "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."
4. "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller)."
5. "In Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering".
6. "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
7. "I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in Donovan McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve."
I'm sure, Rush, it had nothing to do with the fact that, based on these and other comments of yours, African-American NFL players didn't want you in the league. They had no desire to play for a team of which a white racist was part owner. And, perhaps, feeling the way you do, Rush, you would probably not to want to have any African-American players playing on your team.
That's too bad, Rush. You could have fielded a lily-white All-American team for the world. You could have changed the name of the St. Louis Rams to The Great White Hopes. You could have shown us all how well an all-white team, with no black players, can perform in today's NFL. Your revival of white racial pride on the football gridiron would have done the KKK proud.
What a lost opportunity, Rush. Well, that's "Obama's America" for you. Too bad, El Rushbo.